John David Bobby: 2 months
Somehow, in the midst of two million diaper changes, endless hours of breastfeeding, pacifier training (this is where you teach the baby to love a “paci”), anemia, isolation from the world, sleep deprivation, and even the return to sleeping normally, John David Bobby has turned 2 months old. 2 months old!
I have said before, “I feel like I keep having this same baby.” It’s really true. They have all been so much alike. Some have been spit-uppers and some haven’t. Some slept through the night, and some didn’t. Some of them fed more often than others and pooped more often than others. One of them bit me, but the rest –thankfully–didn’t! Some of them were a bit bigger than others, but all of them were chubby little dumplin’s. All of them pretty much gave the same sleep and hunger cues, and all of them loved their pacifiers.
So here’s the skinny on baby #4.
1. He looks just like his brothers before him.
Caleb at 2 months….Actually, this looks significantly different than Bobby!
Joshua at 2 months….exactly the same as Bobby.
….and he even looks a bit like me. : ) ….no idea how many months. I guess Mom and I should have used those month numbers for photos, like Aunt Amy did!
He looks like Alan too, but we do not own any photos of Alan. Alan, you need to go home and bring back some memorabilia.
Daniel at 6 weeks. I am not kidding, ya’ll. It’s like I keep having the same baby over and over again.
THANKFULLY, once you get past the first month, they have all been good babies.
2. I don’t know if he is ever going to get a 2 month well baby exam. No, really, they have been telling us to keep trying back for weeks because our office was completely booked up for well child exams, thanks to school physicals. They say the new pediatric staff members will have hours opening up on Monday.
This bothers me because I want to know how tall he is, and this is postponing his shots, which I’d really like him to start getting in his system. Vaccinations are a life saver.
3. Why do we call him Bobby? Well, Daniel started it, because that’s how he said “baby”, and we thought it was cute. Plus, John David is a mouthful!
4. A baby that started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks? Or was it 7? I don’t remember, but I was so ridiculously thankful to God, I can’t even express how great my gratitude really is! When I tell you Joshua didn’t sleep through the night until about 18 months, I am so completely serious. Dan and Bobby get the night-time sleep trophies! I hardly ever get up in the night anymore, and never before 4am. Happy, happy, happiness!
5. He weighs 14-15 pounds.
6. He goes three hours between feedings, usually. He stays awake for an hour and then goes back to sleep. It seems like he’s always asleep.
7. He loves his brothers already, and they just adore him.
8. For now, he has cute, skinny little feet. Maybe he got that from Nana.
We all love him to pieces. He has started cooing and doing an almost-laugh. I love the coo. Oh! And yesterday Mom and I were talking, when suddenly we heard a tiny baby say, “Mama”. We just laughed. It was just one of those flukes, but it was so weird and cute!
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.