3. We celebrated Joshua’s 8th birthday.
I am not the kind of mom that stresses birthday parties more than necessary. I picked this plain cake up the day before the party, stuck two characters on top of it, and done! …Unfortunately, I forgot to actually ask him what kind of cake he wanted to eat…..chocolate with chocolate icing…..so the day of the party I was back at the store buying just that. That’s the little round chocolate cake, to the right of the white one. Joshua was right, too, that was much tastier than the the traditional white one!
Joshua’s party was a low-key affair, at our local park. We brought out some balls and bats, and the boys took turns batting and running around.
4. Date Night!! Thanks, Mom and Dad! Alan and I so needed that.
The boys cracked up when I told them Alan and I were going on a date. It was Caleb, Joshua, and Xavier, sitting outside playing with Skylanders cards, and they all carried on, “Ewwwww! Oh my goodness!” Caleb said, “They’re going to kiss on the lips!” Joshua started singing the k-i-s-s-i-n-g song, and they all just giggled and giggled. It was rather amusing to watch.
5. John David got to break in his snow suit. He was so cozy he just fell right to sleep in Granddaddy’s lap, with no rocking or anything!
6. Dan got to do a little Bible reading. ; )
7. Joshua got his first birthday gift in the mail on Friday. Thank you, Uncle Allen and Aunt Emily!!
8. Caleb put Joshua’s Legos together while Joshua wrote out thank you notes.
9. I replaced Caleb’s old, torn in so many spots, footy pajamas with a new set. I even got him to throw the old “holy” ones away! Yay, Caleb!
10. I stayed up later than I should have every night, to include this one. When will I ever learn?
Joshua, hanging out with two of his best buds.
Joshua has been on cloud nine this whole weekend. We even had a hard time pulling him away from his new books to go to bed tonight. I’ll post a bit more about our sweet eight-year-old another day this week.
How cute were my parents with their grandkids???
We miss ya’ll already!
Ok, so another busy week ahead!!!
I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!!!!!