Guess what! Krissy P., over at Minute Made Mama
, has nominated little ol’ me for the Sunshine Award. Thanks, Krissy! This is so fun!
Now I know what many of you may be thinking, “What the heck is that?” Well, it’s an award of recognition that bloggers can nominate other bloggers for, and I am so honored! I’m just happy people actually read my blog, so the fact that there are folks who read it and also enjoy it makes me as pleased as punch. : )
By the way, if you haven’t read Krissy’s blog, you should check it out by clicking the link above. She’s a great blogger, writing (among other things) about my favorite topic…….mothering little boys. ha! You might say we have a little bit in common! She’s also very real and humorous, and I know you’d love her.
Now there are a few ‘rules’ to go along with this, so here goes:
THE SUNSHINE AWARD RULES!!
– Thank and recognize your Nominating Blogger
– Give 11 Random facts about yourself-Answer the 11 questions given by your Nominating Blogger
-Pick 11 Blogger Nominees
-Post 11 questions for your Nominees(you cannot nominate your Nominating Blogger)
11 Facts about Me
1. I love blogging.
2. Dogs get on my nerves.
3. …but I’m allergic to cats. Therefore, we are always pet free. (I miss cats though!)
4. When I am sleepy, I become the whiniest person you ever met, and trust me when I tell you, you would NOT want to be around me.
5. I became a saved-by-grace, born again Christian at age 7. Best decision ever.
6. I think it’s funny that people make their kids put on their shoes to go outside here. Sorry, ya’ll, I’m from Alabama. No shoes required. ; )
7. The other day I told Alan that I’m a type A person. Alan said, “Oh, that’s good that you think you’re a type A person, honey.” Wait a minute. Did you catch that?? I think I’m a type A person. Does that mean really he thinks I’m not? Hmmm
8. There are many areas of my life in which I have just decided to be okay with mediocrity. This has lowered my blood pressure.
9. I love rocking a sleeping baby. I will waste so much time in a day doing that because I like it. It’s probably not really a waste though, you know?
10. Rocking a crying baby is a completely different thing. I don’t love that.
11. I’m developing a phobia of parent/teacher conferences. Man, I hope Caleb’s conference doesn’t hold any surprises for me. That one is Monday morning!
1. Who was your favorite teacher? Why?
I liked all of them, really. One of my favorites was Mr. McLendon. He was my high school band director. Yes, I was a trumpet player in the band. He was hilarious without trying to be, and he was a great music teacher. Best of all, he took us on some amazing field trips: Cincinnati, San Antonio, and Orlando! Thanks, Mr. Mac!
2.If you could only grab three items to take from your home in an emergency, what would you take?
Oh! I know the answer to this b/c it actually happened during the earthquake a couple of years ago! I grabbed all of my children and a telephone. : )
3. What song are you embarrassed to admit is on your playlist?
I have no “playlist.” I have four children…. I just turn on the radio if I want music.
4.What animal would you say you are most like?
I’m a mama duck right now. I feel like one all the time.
5. Where is your favorite place to blog?
anywhere the other members of my household are not
6. If you could only eat one food for a month, what would you choose?
oatmeal. I love oatmeal.
7.What advice would you give to the next generation?
Read your Bible.
8.What is your favorite decade in history? Why?
16-anything. It was the birth of the great migration to America, such an exciting and fascinating time.
9. The mall is closing all but one store. Which store would you hope remained open?
New York and Company! Love that place!
10.What do you want to be remembered for?
raising some amazing men
11.How is being grown up different than you thought it’d be?
Jeepers. That’s a tough one. I guess the most surprising thing is my life of instability. I pictured myself settling down in one house, in one place. Instead, we’ve moved seven times, making home not so much a physical place but a heart place. : )
……….and my 11 Nominees are:
10. Aunt Amy’s blog….but it’s private, so I’d better not share. ; )
Some of those bloggers don’t even know who I am, but those are all my favorite blogs!!!!
They all have great content.
Okay, my eleven questions.
1. What’s your favorite thing to write about?
2. How many times have you moved?
3. How involved are you in politics?
4. What is your favorite charity?
5. What’s your best weight loss trick?
6. Who are your friends that are so close that you no longer clean your house because they’re coming over?
7. What’s the best movie of all time?
8. Sing in the shower or no?
9. Dancing when no one’s around: yes or no?
10. How long have you been married….or not married?
11. What is the greatest place you have ever lived?