Homeschool Year 2, Day 18
I am going to attempt to take 4 children on a MEGA grocery shopping trip.
If I do not return, you all now know why…..
The day is actually off to a good start.
- A plumber installed a new faucet. It doesn’t leak into the cabinet, it doesn’t leak into the sink, it doesn’t spray water off to the side, it has no hole shooting out water from the handle. It’s all very EXCITING.
- We went on our daily morning walk.
- They just had to answer questions before we could leave: a science question:What are the 5 kingdoms of living things?
- A history question: What are Commandments 6-10?
- And an English question: Name the first 5 prepositions in alphabetical order: About-against. I didn’t even remember them all, but Joshua did! Hurray!!
- Can you answer those questions? 😉
Okay, here are the answers: Science (animal, plantae, fungi, protista, monera)
History: Thou shalt not kill, not commit adultery, not steal, not bear false witness against thy neighbor, not covet.
English: about, above, across, after, against—I might have left one out, I don’t have my cheat sheet handy…
Then I made the big boys do math. I caught Joshua doing nothing halfway through and moved him to where I could watch him.
I caught Caleb reading instead of doing math. I was highly torn because Caleb desperately needs extra reading practice. He never did finish his math, but we are going to the grocery store, and that boy will spend all day on that until he gets it done.
I thought and prayed about quitting home schooling pretty much all morning.
But I have to finish this year. Next year this experiment is over. I am too uptight and also not uptight enough to be good at this. I’m just all wrong. But stubborn. Definitely stubborn!
We’re off to the grocery store.
Let me know if you like Usborne books! I’m hosting a sale tomorrow, and I’d love to send you an invite or a link!
“The conditions of conquest are always easy. We have but to toil awhile, endure awhile, believe always, and never turn back.” –William Simms